Bronx Zoo

Over the course of the summer, we have gone to the Bronx Zoo twice. One rainy day Maline and I took our kids and then Mike and I took Ty and Makenzie on Wednesday. We had a lot of fun although it was crowded and was really hot by the time we left.
Makenzie on the carousel. This carousel was fun for the kids because it had all types of bugs on it from lady bugs to caterpillars to praying mantises.


Savanna, Jackson and Maline on the bug carousel


The Bronx Zoo has a children's zoo which of course includes feeding goats and sheep. My kids LOVED feeding them and got very good at doing it all by themselves.

Here Tyler pops out of a peep hole, just like the gopher in front of him.

The kids climb on the rope spider web.

Because the zoo is so big they have shuttles or skyfari rides to take you across the zoo to other parts. This was Tyler's favorite part of the zoo- taking the Skyfari up over the zoo. It was very nice to take this back to the entrance instead of walking.

Look how big these fish and turtles are. Tyler and Kenzie loved watching them swim and get close to the glass.



Tyler and Makenzie pose for us outside of the butterfly garden.


This was my favorite part of the zoo- The monorail that took us through Wild Asia. It was so nice to sit down and watch as we passed animal exhibits. This is the way to go. Plus, it kept the kids from getting too tired.


Mike and Makenzie in front of the monkeys in Jungle World



Tyler and I decided to go on a camel ride. Alright, I'll admit that I convinced Tyler to go because I really wanted to try it. It was fun although very bumpy and not comfortable at all.

I like this picture of the guy in front feeding the camel with a squirt nozzle on the hose. Nice shot!