Home at last

Well, we finally made it back to UTAH. And besides losing one of our 8 pieces of luggage, the 6 hour flight and all day travel extravaganza went fairly well. Unfortunately the one bag was, of course, mine. All my clothes, makeup, toiletries were in that suitcase. Hopefully it will show up- apparently about 20 other suitcases were lost too because that's how long the line was for the Jetblue office for missing baggage. I just don't understand how your luggage can get separated when you check it in at the same time and then can't make it to the airplane even though it leaves 45 minutes late. OH well. We're home and that's what matters most. It feels a little strange to be back here and although I'm so happy to be back, I'm sure there will be things I will miss about our family's summer in New York City.


Things I'm Going to miss about New York City:
1) The energy, bustle, and lights of city life
2) Always having something to do, somewhere to go, or something to see
3) Being close to Alan and Maline and having our kids play together
4) Shopping, shopping and more shopping, especially at H&M
5) Not having to work and hanging out with my kids all day long
6) Watching Tyler get excited every time we ride the subway and telling me how many stops we have left, what other trains we pass, and which trains he wants to go on the next day
7) My morning jogs with the kids along the Hudson River Walkway
8) Riverside Park and all of its fun playgrounds for the kids
9) Watching the kids catch fireflies at sunset
10) Grimaldi's pizza, Max Soha's gnocchi, and the Burger Joint's cheeseburgers


Things I'm NOT going to miss about New York City:
1) Our tiny tiny tiny apartment (oh, did I mention how tiny it was?)
2) Flipflops all day, every day or suffering the consequences (blisters)
3) Hearing colorful language every time I walk down the block
4) No car
5) No central air conditioning
6) HUMIDITY!!
7) Coin-operated laundry
8) Expensive rent
9) Having to use public restrooms all the time or finding a tree, bush or other secluded area for Tyler's emergency
10) Being yelled at by ornery people who don't like kids and don't think I should be on the subway or bus with them even though I paid just as much as they did